Friday, March 09, 2007

Project War Games: An Experiment in Artistic Assault

I've been focusing most of my productive and creative energy towards this project for quite some time. I just finished the more artistic cut of the video last week. Yesterday, I got around to making a version of YouTube, mostly because the pretentious side of me doesn't think YouTube is worthy of real video art unless that is part of my intent. Unfortunately, I caught whatever was going around and couldn't post it here until now.

So, yeah, enjoy a more entertaining version of my piece.



Things to keep in mind: The music was added for this cut, but is not used in the artsy version. I only used the music to get a decent show pattern going as part of the piece. Fireworks firing like an actual assault didn't look right given the set.

There is a different soundtrack in the version I have for exhibition, as well as a collection of better angles that are cut into the piece where appropriate. You get a hint of that during the bridge of the piece. For this cut, however, I just kept my default angle on the entire time even though it denies several more interesting points of view.

No comments: