Monday, November 28, 2005

Talkative or Something More?

Tonight, I had to do a presentation as part of my final for 20th Century Art History. Tonight, I found out that I talk to much.

Now I don't want to cause some kind of social stir or create another sign of what to look for in a socially inept person, but I do have a strange sense of logic as to why.

I don't talk much as it is already. I'm talkative, yes, but not very socialible. And if my sister is in the same room with me? Forget trying to get a word in, because I'm not going to be able to.

When I do talk, I seem to ramble on about things that are not important. I try to keep the conversation going. In short, I can't shut the hell up. I've been told this various times by people that obviously got annoyed with me talking. I can see it in their faces and how their body language is. It makes me uncomfortable, so I shut up as a favor to them.

But I want to talk. I want to be heard. I want to feel like my voice is actually being listened to, yet I always seem to end up chewing off an ear and a half when I get the chance.

I don't know why I think this, but I believe this is a sign of some kind of social repression. Then again, knowing how I think, everything is some kind of repression.

Maybe I'm bipolar and don't know it.

No comments: