Sunday, November 13, 2005

Nov. 13th, 2005 - The Entry With No Title

A myriad of thoughts have been flowing through my head as of late, mostly due to the fact that it is that time of the semester when teachers and students alike freak out due to a lack of time. Teacher freak out due to the fact that they may or may not have gone over the material they wanted to the semester; students freak out due to the fact that the big part of their grade is about to be due soon or they haven't studied for the final exam. Either way, my brain is overly active right now.

I should be doing my homework right now, but most of the stuff I actually care about is in the studios over at the school. Being unable to drive, I am pretty much out of luck in doing any kind of extra work short of finalizing an idea in my sketchbook. Even then, I can't really do much as far as producing the art I want to. Thankfully, I have a five hour break between classes, something I haven't been exploiting to its fullest. I guess you can pretty much safely assume what and where I'll be during that time slot.

There is one final that I'm not to keen about. I seriously do not like how World Civilization is going for me right now. I'm doing fine as far as my grades go. I just hate the material. For example, due after Thanksgiving is an essay comparing and contrasting two different writers on slavery in America. As important as I know this topic is to the past and ultimately our future, I'm getting tired of being forced to read and recite the same information over and over again since middle school. You would think that I would get more information about the topic being in college, but in reality, I'm not. The only things I'm getting more information about as far as subject matter goes are those that fall into my major. I can only assume that's how it works in most colleges. If not, then my teacher has obviously checked out of his class before it even started.

Speaking of people checking out, a new and somewhat unexpected crush came into being at the worst time possible. After pretty much taking my time snooping around, I found out that one of the cuter freshmen is gay. The thing is, he's very unapproachable provided he doesn't feel comfortable around people, which pretty much means everyone he doesn't know anything about. Makes it difficult for him to make friends, no? Well, what few friends he has have been trying to talk him out of the film department. See, in order to be successful in film, you need to be able to work well with others. It doesn't matter if you are in script writing, directing, or doing something as boring as being a grip. You still have to be a team player. This guy doesn't seem to have that in him. What is in him is a natural talent for the visual medium of the fine arts. Those that talk to him have been trying to get him to switch majors, but for some reason he doesn't believe he can do that. Ironically, it is this lack of socializing that made him have an emotional break down from what I gathered. He skipped the rest of the semester as a result of that.

It sucks for me, since the day he left was also the day I started to like him. I have some really bad luck, don't I?

We'll see what happens if he comes back next semester. Hopefully something exciting and worth sharing.

No comments: