Tuesday, September 27, 2005

Notice

I've noticed something recently. I don't do my homework for World Civilization anymore. I've stop caring about the class. I just want the teacher to get a clue and realize that nobody likes his class. Nobody finds it interesting. Everyone wants to get out of it, yet some of us are going to end up taking it again in the Spring.

It's like that with most of my history classes. Unless you can make it interesting, I generally tune it out. That's why I respect and like Barbara so much when she teaches history. She knows what she is talking about and can put it into a conversation that I can actually be interested in one general sense or another. Not everything may click, but at least she is able to get my attention to where I can care about the class.

I've also noticed that I'm talking more and more to the Freshmen class during those five hours I'm doing work I care about. Ironically, it seems I keep talking to the younger ones that most people in the south would label freaks. Given how I dress, you wouldn't think that I would be that open. But hey, I am. I'm actually more curious and nosy by nature than open. I like talking to people that interest me, and it would appear that the people that interest me are usually the ones that stick out like a needle in your favorite sofa chair. (Come to think of it, I was like that in high school too.)

I hope this time around I make a good friend that will be there for me and seek me out if they feel something is wrong with me. Hopefully, I won't feel like I pissed them off because I'm so different to where society pretty much says I won't make it in a capitalistic society.

No comments: