Saturday, August 20, 2005

Good Morning, Lil Slugger

I woke up to the sounds of the air cooling system sounding like roller skate wheels against concrete. I wanted to get hit over the head with a baseball bat and be left for dead while smiling a smile of relief.

Then I realized that the whole want of having the realization of a character from the show Paranoia Agent was pretty much the easy way out.

You can solve all your problems by killing yourself. You can escape the stresses of life by becoming hospitalized. You can, if only for a brief moment, have people pity you and pretend they care about you starting from the moment you inflict pain on yourself.

Why?

Why do we live in a world where charity and religion go hand in hand with each other like some cute high school couple? For the most part, the only reason people do acts of kindness is to feel good about themselves, to earn a little spot in Heaven or wherever they believe they will end up when they die. Does no one do it just because they can? Is there anyone that does it simply because they want to and not because it will help them feel better about whatever they feel bad about or leave some kind of legacy?

Lil Slugger is very charitable. He gets rid of your problems just because he can. But society tells us that the easy way out isn't the best way. You need to work around that, take the hard road. Life is not meant to be easy.

Life, for me, has never been easy. This blog only goes back so-many years. If it could go back farther, I would let it. Maybe then I could show what to myself and to everyone just what the fuck is wrong with my life. Maybe then I can figure out where I changed and evolved into this bitching pile of shit whom society thinks is better off dead.

But even then, I'm still better off dead. After all, all I am is just a bunch of red numbers and entertaining text. I'm not human. At least, that's what they tell me.

I'm done here.