Thursday, July 26, 2007

Bootleg Blues

The overflow from my late discovery last night, naturally, is affecting my emotions this morning. While I am happy that I got the music I wanted, the fact that I bought something illegal isn't sitting well with me. In fact, it's cancelling out and over-shadowing said happy feeling. I'll be happier when I buy the other parts of the collection that are legal copies.

This overflow has also caused me to send another e-mail off to Amazon.com less than 12 hours after the last one reporting the bootlegger. Among other actions.

One of them is actually retelling the story to my mom, who just laughed at me. She's always been suspicious about third-party sellers online, and would rather want to buy something direct from the source or from a reputable seller. She pretty much told me so, and I threw the "Buyer Beware" logic out the window mostly out of the greed of wanting something to compensate for my lack of sexual activity.

So here I am, bitterly depressed with a mind set on trying to get the e-mail responses I want while experimenting with an audio theory I've been throwing back and forth in my head as to how to save three tracks on the bootleg that were corrupt as hell. My first reaction was to e-mail a person I knew had those MP3s at one point and see if she could send them to me again. Chances are slim she will do that. At this point, I might as well settle for not having the tracks. They are just little bonus tracks anyway.

God, I really need something to make me feel better before I end up blowing my next paycheck on more than just the CDs I should have bought instead of this bootleg.

No comments: