Friday, June 29, 2007

Photographic Problems

Montjuic's Majestic Fountains
Click the photo for more images!
I've been doing nothing but photography things for my Study Abroad class for the last three days (including today), and as my luck would have it, today is the day that the shit hits the fan.

Originally, I was going to tell you all about my trip photos and pimp them out to get you to view them, but now? Not going to happen.

After first witnessing that the camera I was using had a severe light leak that ruined a good chunk of my pictures and then having to deal with flickr as far as uploading goes, Blogger decides that I was spamming my own blog and blocks my posts about halfway through my pictures. The only way around that was to provide a word varification, something flickr can't do from their end. This meant I had to do things the hard way by supplying the HTML code in the blog body and then supplying the word varification for the post.

Not fun.

It was at this point that I decided my photo blog is going to be pretty much like the photo albums we have laying around the house. Instead of having photos with some kind of description or trip story worth sharing with the pictures, the blog will now just be about pictures and nothing but. It's the only way I can compromise with their whole "You're spamming a blog and we are trying trying to make sure you are a human and not a robot who got into the system" security measure that they failed to announce in a way that even a blind person could see it.

Now there is apparently a way to turn the setting off. However, when you go to here, they tell you to click on the little question mark to get to the area where you can turn it off. Apparently, nobody in Quality Check noticed that the question mark leads you to the page that says to click the question mark to turn it off.

With all that said, the 90 photos that did make it are up on the photo blog for your viewing pleasure. Just don't expect a trip report from me about Barcelona and Venice or our day trip to Bilbao. It's just not worth the effort any more at this time, especially given the fact that nobody reads this dribble and the only reason I continue to blog is to keep my social sanity.

No comments: