Monday, October 16, 2006

Set Change Failure

This past week, I talked to several people about how I pretty much am so distant from all my work and classes it wasn't even funny. One person said that it wasn't so much depression as I thought but rather that I may be bored with everything. I definitely don't show signs of depression in their experience. A change of scene would be healthy for me, or so they told me.

This weekend, the family and I went to Virginia to visit my sister in a belated birthday bash. What this translated into was me being nothing but dead weight on the trip. Why did I go along? My sister requested it. Being her belated birthday bash, I had to go along or face certain sibling doom at the hands of the little ninja monkey that is my sister.

The change of scenery didn't really do much of anything for me. I came home yesterday and slept as soon as I unpacked. I woke up feeling no different about my current plight. In fact, I felt a little bit worse as I had a small hope that the trip would spark something back in me. Something that would make me my old creative self again and enjoy going to Watkins. Something that wouldn't cause a distraction or distancing from my classes.

Apparently, if I was going to get it this past weekend, I would have had to ditched the family.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Definitely you sound like depression. It sounds like you need more than a weekend trip - more than just a gettaway, but a new setting for your life. A place that requires at least a little exploration, getting to know new things, new people, new experiences. Maybe this is as complicated as moving to a new city, or maybe it's as simple as redesigning your current bedroom from scratch. (sometimes it's easier to move than it is to go through old keepsakes, replace familiar furniture, hassle with moving shit around and painting walls, etc...)

That sucks about the trip to VA. I'm sure your sister was happy you went!

Next Sunday, noon, Metrocenter. Do some warm up stretches for that leg! (I really doubt it'll be as much of a workout this time since you already started getting the hang of the clutch).