Thursday, May 05, 2005

Happy 50th Birthday, Disneyland!


For more pictures, make sure to visit
Photographic Memories.
Today is the day when Disneyland's 50th Anniversery Celebration begins. It was 50 years this summer (July 17, 1955) that Disneyland first opened to the public. Since then, millions of visitors have come to know it as the Happiest Place on Earth.

In honor of this milestone, I have posted what vacation photos I've taken and kept from my own Disney vacations to Walt Disney World. It's not the same, but there's a reason.

See, I haven't been to Disneyland since I was 3 years old. Back then, I couldn't remember much of anything, much less what rides we went on. The only thing I do remember was the Tiki Room scaring me to death when the walls started to sing. (Hey, I was three! What did I know?) There were times where I wanted to go back, but we never got around to doing so. Mostly because of financial reasons.

Now more than ever, I really want to visit Disneyland again. There are a lot of new things going on for their big 50th birthday! Several of the vehicles on rides that have been around since the park opened have been given a golden touch. There is a new fireworks show which is in the round. That means that they fire fireworks from all sides around you and not just from behind the castle as they always have been. There are new parades, and several rides have been fine tuned for the flood of visitors, both regular and first-timers.

Bottom line is that it looks like a lot of fun to me, and the little child in me is screaming to go. If only my wish could come true.

No comments: