Wednesday, December 17, 2008

2

It's the day after the day after the last day of classes for the semester. It's two days after the end of my college education as a fine artist. It's two days before I find out if I'm going to Virginia to pick up my sister or stay at home to take care of the dogs.

Twenty-four hours ago, I was captivated in my first comic book. Watchmen. It's a twenty-tree year old story. I should have read it by now given the research I've done into the culture and genere of comics as a contemporary social art form for political satire and reflection. I wrote a term paper on it, for crying out loud!

It's a good book. I finished it in two days. Will revisit it again to understand the events a little more clearly. So much to take in at once.

It's been two days since I started my so-called life after college. I should be doing something other than blogging. I should be creating art or at least planning some kind of post-college adventure to make up for my teen years and my early twenties when normal people are out enjoying life and hanging out with friends. Forming relationships.

The computer has been off for two days. Both computers. This PC I'm typing on now and the Mac I bought for school purposes. Now it's just going to serve as an editing station for videos I may post on YouTube.

I have only two days to get my Christmas shopping done. My mom is the only one I haven't bought anything for. I should get on that today.

1 comment:

Robert Stone said...

Jon,

You should go to White River Junction, Vermont where there is:

The Center for Cartoon Studies
http://www.cartoonstudies.org/
and
The Main Street Museum
http://www.mainstreetmuseum.org/
and
The Tip Top Media and Arts Building
http://www.tiptopmedia.com/

Think about it and let me know if you think you really would like to spend a little time there.

Robert