Thursday, October 18, 2007

Puppy Problems

If there ever was a sign that I'm not responsible enough to have a pet, it's the fact that my priorities are so out of whacked to the point where I can't even tell when my dog wants to go to the bathroom.

Several times today, I either ignored or didn't noticed Skippy's tell tale sign that he needs to go to the bathroom (runs and looks at the door). And each time, I've had to clean up his piddle.

And each time, what was I doing? Escaping reality by playing an online video game that was more important at the time than making sure my dog went potty outside the house.

I'm more disappointed in myself than I am at the dog not making it a more clear sign that he needs to go. He is, technically, still a puppy, but he also inherited the Jack Russell bark from his dad according to the medical papers. He could have barked to get my attention, but I guess he rather use that to warn off strangers than to tell his owner, who is suppose to be the responsible one, that he needs to potty.

Skippy may be housebroken, but I'm definitely not dog broken.

1 comment:

Robert Stone said...

Jon,

Be sure to check out the photograph of the "from scratch" applie pie with Percy and Jason
http://www.jasondriskill.com/BlogImages/Blogpie1.jpg

Today would have been the fourteenth birthday of Prancer, a little rat terrier who belonged to my friends. I used to stay with her when they traveled.