Tuesday, October 25, 2005

Where is my generation?

It's happening again.

I look around me and see people talking with people. They are into their conversations and enjoy the company of who they have talking to them. They all have something in common. They have some kind of interested that they can share their time with others on. They are all the same in one fashion or another.

And here I am. So different that I feel like I'm invading just by looking at them as they talk from a distance.

And here I am. Blogging again about something nobody wants to hear or cares about simply because I have nobody that will lend me their ear or their time to get it out of my system. At least nobody I can feel comfortable talk to that is somewhere in my generation's age range. I'm tried of talking to adults like I've been doing whenever something upsets me. For once, I wish there was something within my age range that would listen to me and not hate me afterwards for opening up and showing how messed up I am.

I'm tired, lonely, depressed, and stressed out over what will probably be nothing in the end. I want to believe that one day my prince will come, but I know I can't. I want to be able to at least have some kind of life that isn't based on working or something that I see as practically slavery sometimes when I feel like being insane. But right now, I'm tired. I feel alone, and that makes me really sad. Because right now, I need someone to hold me close and tell me things are going to be alright. But it doesn't look like I'll get that from anyone my age right now.

I guess I don't feel like I belong in this generation of youth in America. I'm not sure I even belong anywhere socially at this point.

No comments: