Saturday, October 08, 2005

As Usual

Well, it was my sister's birthday a few days ago. So, as a belated birthday present, we decided to make the trip out ot Virginia to visit her for the weekend. (And in case you are curious, I'm on the hotel lobby's computer trying to look like I'm doing something important that I can't do anywhere else.)

Well, as usual, once we got closer to her college, she kept calling us. Eventually, we picked her up and went around to look for some place to park. We saw her new dorm she got for accepting the RA job position, and immediately we knew why she asked for a carpet. We then left to look for a carpet store and bought some reminate enough to cover the room. We were going to get more of the things she needs, but it was late. My sister checked out, as is required for RA's to do when they are going off campus, and spent the night with us.

And, as usual, after she pretty much was picked up, I was thrown to the wind. Anything I said and did didn't really matter. My dad and I had to swallow our pride (something I think my dad did several decades ago) and become the pack mules. You know, carrying the rug we bought as well as the VCR and other things we got from Wal-Mart the next day. I really shouldn't sound so selfish. This was my sister's birthday weekend, if nothing else. It was her time to rule again.

As usual, her campus was full of really hot frat boys and other cuties, most of whom I would bet are straighter than an arrow. It was Highlander Days, so there were a lot of them walking around with kilts. Nobody did what the traditional kilt-wearers do; they all had shorts underneath. Yeah, I know, but what do you expect when it is cold and windy most of the day?

As usual, I found myself not really enjoying myself. I know I don't get out much, but even when I do, I just can't seem to appreciate it outside of the change of scenary. I tried to see if I could the the Musical History of Disneyland box set I read about several weeks before (you know, to make the ride home someone less quiet even if I end up torturing my folks with the full ride audio from The Hanted Mansion ride), but the best I could find was a condensed version of the album which features clips from the shows and no full ride or show audio. Looks like me best bet is Borders at this point.

And as usual, I can't use spell check on this computer. So apologize for once again butchering the English language.

Anyway, that was my weekend.

No comments: