Wednesday, July 13, 2005

That's An Odd Date

Got an e-mail that said all the information I need to register for the fall semester. Thankfully, I'm already in my classes as well as paid the first installment of my tuition. Financial Aid picked up most of the bill, to which I'm not looking forward to paying back. (Stupid Student Loans...)

In any event, the first day of classes is Wednesday, August 17, 2005. A Wednesday.

Yeah.

See, I can understand Friday being the first day of classes because some students have Friday classes and some do not. Okay, most do not. But Wednesday?

I don't know. I don't run the school, so I don't know the logistic behind this date. All I know is that the only thing that makes any remote sense as to why they would start on a Wednesday is the same reason why public schools here start on a Thursday. Get your A-Day schedule on the first day; get your B-Day schedule on the second day.

If that's the case, I need to look over my schedule. I have a bad feeling the first day is going to be a long day.

No comments: