Sunday, February 18, 2007

Snowy Days

For the past three or four days now, there has been snow on the ground. This is odd given the fact that in most recent memory, snow has never lasted this long before. But Mother Nature loves to surprise us, and just when I think the snow will disappear, something happens over night to keep it around.

But all this snow and cold weather is making me forget where I am and what I am doing. It is more than just ice on the ground or that white rain that collects in piles. For me, it has made me forget all my worries every time I look at it. The way it falls is dream like, and the way it patches on the ground as it melts is just beautiful to me.

Looking outside, I forget what I am suppose to be doing. I forget that I have five projects I need to do all at the same time. I forget that I live in a place and in a situation that isn't very beneficial for me. But most importantly, I forget my problems with life when I look at the snow.

Snow has always been the one thing that has been magical to me since I was very little. I hope it never loses that quality as I get older.

No comments: