Sunday, September 24, 2006

A Little Update

The gaming binges that were taking over my life have tapered off (or back) into taking naps at all hours of the day. I'm also noticing a strong disconnect from pretty much everything. It's affecting my work. For example, I forgot to bring home my clay tools for my homework assignment of carving out a muscle torso for Figure Study 2.

The blunt honesty is also starting to come out in casual conversation. The stock and polite answer of "I'm good" to "How are you?" has been replaced with "I've been better" or even "Terrible." What does this mean? The polite mask has been coming off in a vain attempt of trying to connect with someone on an uncomfortable emotional level just to feel like I have some kind of justification for making it through the day.

Other than that, nothing really to write about. I'm just glad the gaming binges are tapering off now. Sixteen hours straight of nothing but Roller Coaster Tycoon 3 were starting to get bad, as images of the game started infiltrating my dreams.

No comments: