Monday, May 08, 2006

The End to a Fool's Writings?

I've been expecting this sort of thing to eventually be e-mailed to me, or at the very least be left behind in the comments area (which was a useless attempt at getting outside feedback as a public forum. Apparently, whoever reads this regularly doesn't want their opinions known to the entire world, and with good reason I'm sure.).

Several bouts of my ignorance have been cited and debunked (for lack of a better word) in a rather lengthy, very professional, letter I received this morning. In it, they noted my inexperience in everything I complain about. They also cite instances where I could have bettered myself, but obviously didn't due to fear and personal hang ups. My naive nature was obvious to me before, but this letter made it seem more like I have never grown up past the rose-colored days of year 10 by clearly telling me that my experience in Seattle was just a sick man's way of getting off through manipulating me.

Keep in mind that this wasn't insulting in any way. It was very professional to the point where there was little emotion displayed by the writer. If anything, more emotion was displayed on my end.

The letter goes on to say that how I'm not entirely a fool, just inexperienced. Quoting several proverbs, I felt like I was being told to either step up or shut up. I've been told this a few times, but mostly in the heat of arguments where feelings of mutual anger are at their most dangerous levels. With no emotion from the other end and with myself feeling like a puppy who was being scolded for pissing on the Chinese rug, those fortune cookie sayings had more impact than anything.

Which brings me to the main reason for posting this.

For a while now, the posts have been tapering to a slow halt. This isn't the first time, I'm sure, but it becoming more and more obvious that writing here, be it educated opinions or the foolish rants of inexperience, is becoming less and less frequent and more idiotic. While I may not be completely ignorant (and I'm very grateful that I'm not), I am still without any kind of right to talk or write about anything that a good majority of people if not the other 99% out there knows well enough about. I may not come off as a complete moronic fool, but I sure as hell feel like one.

I originally started this blog with the emotional intent of trying to figure out why I act the way I do, why I frustrate people, and why people generally don't like me after they get to really know me. Four years later, this e-mail comes around and tells me why. Even with the compliment at the end to try and give me (or the writer, I'm not sure) hope, I now see that I'm that guy that your mother always tells you to avoid even in the day light.

I'm taking the very long way of saying "I'm going to shut up now," so I'm just going to stop right now before this ends up to be another foolish rant. If this ever updates again, it probably won't be any time soon.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

When are you gonna start writing in your blog again? How's the new job going?